How to Vote Labor South Ward
Mayor Cr. Lambros Tapinos has lived in the local area for all his life. Lambros lives in Brunswick West and has been proud to deliver essential services to the community. He is known for his advocacy in investing in community infrastructure and recently for purchasing land at Breese Street, Tinning Steet, Frith Street and Sydney Road to support the development of open green spaces in the local area. Lambros has also pushed for Moreland to support local businesses with grants to support traders during COVID-19. Lambros has served our community well and stands up for community consultation when it comes to local issues.
Mayor Cr. Lambros Tapinos is joined by our second and third Labor candidates: Shirley Jackson and Helen Breier.
Moreland Labor South Ward team will:
- Assist local businesses with COVID-19 recovery plans, grants, outdoor dining and through the Brunswick Business Incubator and program.
- Support the viability and future of local shopping centres including making Sydney Road more friendly to pedestrians and cyclists.
- Work with the community to develop a Fair Parking Plan.
- Ensure that all residents have quality, accessible open space within safe walking distance, especially in higher density areas.
- Upgrade sporting pavilions and change rooms to enable greater access and participation of sports by juniors and female teams.
- Build the Arts Precinct in Brunswick as a significant regional arts precinct.
- Develop initiatives and programs to reduce our community emissions to zero and become a strong advocate for climate action by all levels of Government.
Not sure which ward you are in? Use the find your ward tool from Moreland City Council.